For a quick answer, use our handy search tool or browse answers by category. If you still can’t find the answer you need, let us know how we can help!​​​​​​​


Can I change the PIN for my ATM or debit card?

Yes. The Personal Identification Number (PIN) for your ATM and/or debit card is randomly generated. When you first receive your card, you will need to call the number printed on the sticker on the card to activate the card and set your own PIN. To change the PIN for an existing card, contact a Relationship Banker at 1-888-873-3424 and we can assign a temporary PIN while you’re on the phone. You will then be able to change the temporary PIN to a number you select.

What is the mailing address for First Internet Bank?

Please send deposits, loan payments and other correspondence to:

First Internet Bank
PO Box 6080
Fishers, IN  46038

For overnight deliveries, please use our street address:

First Internet Bank
11201 USA Parkway
Fishers, IN  46037

What should I do if I forget my card PIN?

If you have forgotten your PIN, we will be happy to set a new one for you. Call us at 1-888-873-3424 and a Relationship Banker can assign a temporary PIN while you’re on the phone. You will then be able to change the temporary PIN to a number you select.

What should I do if my check card, ATM card, or credit card is lost or stolen?

If your card has been lost or stolen, call our automated system toll-free at 1-800-322-4058, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will need your 16-digit card number, Social Security number, and date of birth to use the automated system. Important Note: For security reasons, the touch-tone system will not automatically issue a new card to you. If you have reported the card lost or stolen by phone and would like a replacement card, please contact a First Internet Bank Relationship Banker at 1-888-873-3424. If you do not have your card number, you can report a lost or stolen card through the online banking site. Log in to your online banking account, click Additional Services, then select Report Lost/Stolen Card. Please complete the entire form and indicate whether you need a replacement card. Your liabilities for charges incurred while your card is lost or stolen are outlined in our Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure.

What do I do if my payee does not receive my payment?

Very rarely, a payee may receive a payment after the due date or may not receive the payment at all. Please follow the steps below only if the payee has not received a payment transaction you initiated, or if the payee has received the payment after the due date and you have been assessed late fees or finance charges.

Please make an attempt to contact the payee first. If you confirm that the payee has either not received your payment or received your payment late, you may open an inquiry on the payment. Often, the payee will receive your payment on the due date but may take several days to post the payment. For that reason, we ask that you wait five business days after the Scheduled Payment Date before opening the inquiry. (In urgent situations where you have received a notice of disconnection or cancellation, you may submit an inquiry earlier, but we may require that you provide a copy of such notice.)

To open an inquiry on a payment, go to the lower right corner of the Payment Center from the Pay Bills tab and click the View Bill History link. Click View Detail for the appropriate payment. Details about the payment’s processing sequence will appear, followed by a link that reads, “Send a payment inquiry.” You will need to supply the relevant details about the payment issue you are submitting. If you need additional information about a payment, please contact a Relationship Banker at bank@firstib.com or 1-888-873-3424.

How can I update my mailing address?

You can update your mailing address and phone number yourself through the online banking site. Log in to your online banking account, click Additional Services, select Change Your Mailing Address and update your information. If your phone number has also changed, don’t forget to update it while you’re at it using the Change Your Phone Number option.

An authorized account holder may also submit a written request with a signature to change the address on the account. Email the request to bank@firstib.com, fax it toll-free to 1-888-644-8678 or mail it to:

First Internet Bank of Indiana
PO Box 6080
Fishers, IN 46038

I don’t want to receive my statement by mail. How do I request electronic statements?

To request electronic statements, log in to your online banking account. Click Additional Services, select Bills, Statements & Tax Forms and follow the on-screen prompts to confirm your account ownership. You will also have to accept the terms and conditions for receiving your statements electronically.

A company has made an unauthorized charge to my First Internet Bank credit card. Can First Internet Bank block this merchant from making future charges to my account?

First Internet Bank cannot block a merchant from charging your account. If you feel that a charge has been made to your account in error, you must first contact the merchant directly to attempt to resolve the disputed charge before you can file a dispute with First Internet Bank. When and if it becomes necessary to file a dispute with us, you will need to provide documentation of your attempt to resolve the matter with the merchant.

Documentation, at a minimum, should include the date and time(s) of your contact with the merchant, the name(s) of the person(s) to whom you spoke, and the response(s) you received. The merchant has 30 days to credit your account.

If you are unable to resolve the matter with the merchant, you may file a Visa dispute form and submit it to us as quickly as possible. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view and print the form. If you cannot print the dispute form, please call us at 1-888-873-3424 and we will email, fax or mail the form to you.

Can I get adebit card with my First Internet Bank account?

Absolutely! A debit card is available with any First Internet Bank personal checking account. You may use your card to withdraw funds from your First Internet Bank account at any ATM displaying the PLUS symbol. You may also make a purchase using your First Internet Bank debit card at any merchant that accepts VISA. The funds will be deducted from your checking account. If you already have an account and would like to request a card, please call us at 1-888-873-3424.

What information do I need to set up Direct Deposit for my account?

Typically, you’ll need to provide the sender (your employer, for instance) with First Internet Bank’s name, our routing and transit number (074014187) and your nine-digit account number. Sometimes, the sending company may require that you provide a voided personal check as well as our phone number (317-532-7900). If the sender requires additional information, one of our friendly Relationship Bankers will be happy to help.