Apple Pay: A new way to pay
Using your First IB consumer Visa card with Apple Pay offers an easier, faster and more secure way to pay with a single touch. No need to carry a wallet full of debit or credit cards…let your smartphone or smartwatch do all the work for you!
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is technology available for iPhones, iPads and Apple Watches that allows you to use the payment information stored in the Wallet app on your device to securely pay for purchases.
Is it secure?
Yes. Apple Pay transactions are authorized through Touch ID thumbprint security or your passcode. Transactions never use your card number, which means the retailer never receives your card details.
How do I use it?
Ensure your iPhone, iPad or iPad is running the latest version of iOS 8 (compatible with: iPhone 6 or 6 Plus and later; iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 or later; or Apple Watch, when paired with iPhone 5 or later). Simply add your First Internet Bank consumer Visa card to Apple Pay and pay easily, quickly and securely wherever Apple Pay is accepted.
iPhone or iPad
- When you’re ready to check out, place your finger on the home button of your device (to enable Touch ID) and hold your phone near the card reader to complete your purchase. You can also use your passcode if you haven’t set up Touch ID.
- Your device will vibrate or beep to confirm your transaction was completed correctly, and a receipt will be captured in your Wallet app, to help you keep track of your purchases.
- When you’re ready to check out, hold the face of your watch near the card reader and double-click the button below the Digital Crown.
- Your watch will pulse or beep to confirm your transaction was completed correctly, and a receipt will be captured in your Wallet app, to help you keep track of your purchases.
- Purchase through apps that support Apple Pay by selecting Apple Pay and placing your finger on the home button of your device (to enable Touch ID).