‘Watch’ Out: Bank on Your SmartwatchBy First IB on July 5, 2016
At First Internet Bank, we love gadgets and tech toys that make life (and banking) easier. Recent enhancements to the First IB mobile app include smartwatch capabilities that allow customers with an Apple Watch or Android Wear device to conveniently and securely access account information through their smartwatch, without logging in.
The enhancements make it even easier to manage and access accounts:
- Check balances and transactions without logging in through an Apple or Android smartwatch
- Receive notifications and alerts (balance transfers, deposits, withdrawals, etc.) within the mobile app, rather than text messages or emails
- Retrieve forgotten login information through the app, from the More section of the app login page
- Use 3D touch functionality to speed up navigation on supported Apple devices
- Quick actions: “force press” the app icon to see a list of navigation options (Transfers, Bill Pay and Check Deposit)
- Peek and pop: “force press” the account summary within the app to view recent transaction details
- View accounts and transaction history side-by-side (in landscape orientation on iPhone 6 Plus, 6s Plus and on iPads)
- Run the app side-by-side with another app on any device that has split screen functionality
- Protect login information if Touch ID fingerprints have changed (keeps the bad guys from accessing account information if an Apple device has been lost or stolen)
- Log in to the app using a fingerprint on supported Android devices
- Experience a consistent design for both Android phone and tablet
To access account information from an Apple Watch or Android Wear device, be sure to enable the feature from the Settings section of the First IB app. Contact a First IB Banking Specialist at 1-888-873-3424 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions on these enhancements.