You’ve heard the buzz about First Internet Bank: our competitive rates, exceptional customer service and the ability to bank from anywhere. Now, when you’re ready for a better banking experience, we’ve made it easy for you to get started with one of the world’s most innovative, fastest-growing banks!
Open an account
Our straightforward account opening process can be completed from your mobile device and takes less than 10 minutes (seriously!). Just click here to begin.
What you’ll need to get started:
- Government-issued ID (driver’s license, passport, state ID card, military ID card)
- Joint accountholder information if applicable (joint account owner’s name, SSN, date of birth, employment status, work address, ID type and number)
- Funds to open your account – by check or electronic transfer using First Internet Bank’s routing number (074014187) and the routing number(s) for your other institution(s).
Your security is important to us so we’ll also ask you a series of challenge questions to confirm your identity.
Tying up loose ends
Before you close your account at your other financial institution, you’ll want to keep these things in mind:
- If you currently receive your paycheck electronically, contact your human resources department or administrative office to change your direct deposit to your First Internet Bank account. To change your Social Security direct deposit, please log in to your
- Review the latest statement from your other financial institution and identify any automatic bill payments linked to your account or debit card. You’ll need to transfer any automatic payments such as credit cards, utilities, loans, gym memberships, etc., to your new First Internet Bank account.
- When you are certain there are no pending transactions at your old financial institution, you’re free to close your old account and transfer the balance to your new First Internet Bank account!
And just like that, you’re all set! Get the most out of your new account by logging into our online banking site at firstib.com. You can also manage your funds on the go by downloading our First Internet Bank app from the App Store or Google Play.
If you have any questions or need assistance switching your account, our Relationship Bankers would be happy to assist you! Contact us at email@example.com or 1-888-873-3424. We look forward to serving you!